- 10 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor Degree in Geology, Master Degree is preferred.
- Experience in the use of software tools and workflows used in play based exploration and strong enthusiasm for software tools.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with subsurface experience and proven track record in a variety of Exploration play and prospect risking
- Solid understanding of petroleum system analysis (regional context and basin framework) and play evaluation (identification and mapping) and quantification.
- Thorough understanding of prospect and portfolio evaluation (maturation and appraisal), volumetric risking and uncertainty.
- Ability to network and collaborate with subsurface (geochemistry, basin modeling, reservoir and wells engineering, production technology).
- Ability and confidence to work and think independently, even in areas outside of core competencies, while contributing as team player.
- Innovate and creative mind with a focus on implementation and process improvement.
- Constructions and maintenance of a detailed stratigraphic framework
- Geologic mapping and modeling to integrate seismic, log data, core analysis and regional understanding
- Multivariate statistical investigation of our geology and engineering methods.
- Reservoir simulation modeling with the reservoir engineering group.
- Field development planning.
- Development of recommendations for additional lease acquisition.
- Assistance with preparation of materials for internal and external presentations.
- Mentorship and/or leadership of junior geologist in operations and studies-roles.