- Bachelor degree in Geophysicist, Master degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years industry experience.
- Strong fundamental earth science skill set, with expertise in seismic interpretation.
- Computer literate in UNIX-based workstations and seismic interpretation software.
- Expertise with 3D seismic interpretation and geophysical modeling inversion.
- Prior experience with seismic data processing and borehole seismic techniques
- Experience with AVO analysis, fluid substitution modeling, pore-pressure study analysis.
- Experience with prospect t risking and reserves calculation.
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly convey concepts and objectives verbally, in both presentations and in technical reports.
- Interacts with multiple groups within the organization including, land, drilling, operations, accounting and strategic planning.
- Interprets seismic data, incorporating relevant well information to produce both seismic time and depth reports.
- Undertakes structural interpretation, mapping, and seismic attribute studies using workstation interpretation to identify drillable and economic prospects.
- Recommend exploration, appraisal, and development well locations that satisfy corporate aims.
- Rank and risk exploration prospects using probabilistic methodologies.
- Perform geophysical studies and write technical reports in conjunction with team members and support staff.
- Prepares and presents prospect inventory, ranking and farmout material with Senior Geologist and Senior Reservoir Engineers in a cross-functional team environment.
- Supervises geophysical aspects of seismic acquisition and/or processing. Recommends seismic data purchases as needed.